Thursday, July 31, 2008

Updates

On running.
Last Saturday, I completed #2 of the three race series. A 4.5 miler. And let me just say that the .8 miles through a heavily wooded trail was just gratuitous. I would have been perfectly happy cutting the run a little short by going right through the middle school parking lot, but noooo, we had to head off into the woods and jaunt all the way to ENGLAND and back! Luckily they had a water stop right as we came out of the woods, so that helped. A little. This week is 6 miles, starting with a "screaming downhill," which unfortunately means we also end UPHILL. I'm a little nervous, and I've lost my running buddy as daughter BB is sidelined with "patellar tendonitis." More on that later, but let's just say that keeping an active 12 year old on "rest from all activities" in the middle of the summer is not fun.

On Stuff Breaking Down.
I swear to you, when it rains it pours. No, I'm not talking about more water in the basement (thank goodness - there's drywall down there now!). I'm talking about the damn torsion spring in the garage door opener. Now don't get me wrong, I am very happy to have an automatic garage door opener, and happy that it has worked very peacefully for the last 8 years. I'm also happy that when the torsion spring under tremendous amounts of pressure and force decided to break, it did not cause any bodily or person-ily injury. Apparently that can happen, and we were very lucky. But still! Waaaahhh! The car, MY CAR was INSIDE the garage when it happened, and there was no way that door was gonna open without professional help! All better now, but grrrr. Total time to recovery (TTTR): 4 days. Cost: $170 (why does everything cost $170 these days?!?)

****

Just a couple of brief updates for now. Working on a nice little post for Friday. Till then, let me leave you with these words of wisdom, compliments of BB (from memory -sent to her by a camp friend): don't walk behind me I might not lead, don't walk in front of me I might not follow. Walk beside me and be my friend.

No comments: